Friday, March 11, 2005

10 years

Today is Hubby and my 10 year anniversary. In some ways it seems like it could not possibly be 10 years yet, and in other ways it seems like I've been married to him my whole life. You know, when you say your vows at your wedding, you mean them with all your heart, even though you have no idea what they mean. I remember promising to stay true to him through all the troubles that darken our door, at which point my dad added, (he married us), and they will come. Those are easy words to say, especially in the format of "repeat after me". On that day, at that moment, I did not know what troubles may come our way, I just knew I wanted to spend my life with this man and go through the good times and the bad times with him. After 10 years, we've had our share of darkened doors and living out those promises are much harder than saying them. But my desire to spend every day with him, no matter what, has never changed. He's not perfect, (neither am I) but he's perfect for me. He listens to me, he laughs with me, he treats me like a Princess, he stops and buys me chocolate for no reason on his way home from work. He makes the best coffee, even though he doesn't drink it himself, he's an amazing father, full of love, fun and discipline. He takes great care of us, supplying us with all we need, especially Cold Stone ice cream, at least once a week. He's aware of my moods and is respectful of them. He encourages me to become more, do more (for me) and achieve all I want. He believes in me and he likes to be with me. And, as if that were not enough, last June he took his vacation time and stayed home with the kids for 17 days so I could go on a missions trip with our church. It was a great experience for me, but a little rough on him and at the time, he told me not to plan to be gone away that long again. But, as the trip was starting to be planned again for this year he said, "go ahead, I know this is really something you want to do and feel called to do. I support you in this."

I love you, honey, and I am looking forward to spending another 10 years with you, and then 10 more and then 10 more and then another 10 and another and another......